Saturday, August 06, 2005

Dinner -- The Same Routine, AGAIN

Here is my dinner. A piece of steak and some corn on the cob, no butter or margarine. Total: 25 grams of carbohydrate, 29 grams of fat (3/4 of my fat allowance for the day).

My blood sugar was 286 when I tested it before dinner. It should have been between 80 and 120. Here is how I calculate how much insulin to take: 1 units per 15 grams of carbohydrate from dinner, plus 1 unit for each 50 points above 120. Total insulin: 5 units. I inject myself ONE MORE TIME.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you get such clear shots of taking your shot? I stuck my needle in and then kept trying to get the right angle so I could take a picture. My picture did not turn out that good at all.

Unknown said...

Hi Patty --

I put the camera on the kitchen counter and took the picture that way. The first one didn't work so well (remember the syringe slightly out of the picture?). Send me your photo anyway.

Candice