Saturday, August 06, 2005

I was bad again...

Oh dear. This time I binged on cookies, and topped it off with two slices of bakery French bread loaded with margarine. I have yet to figure out what this cost me in terms of units of insulin. I think I need to take nine units.

I have had trouble controlling my appetite since I quit smoking a few months ago. I just need to cover everything with insulin. My A1cs have been really bad.

In case you don't know, an A1c is a measure of blood glucose control over the past three months. A good A1c is between 4.8 and 7.0. A1cs at this level reduce or prevent complications. My A1c this last time was 8.9. Scary. This is the reason the doctor thinks I should go on a pump. It seems that my diabetes has become harder to control, even covering for the food. I am doing my best.

These factors are exactly the reason I started Diabetes Buddies. I thought, that with some support, I could conquer some of my demons. Namely, the food demon.

It is so hard to maintain control.

No comments: