Sunday, August 14, 2005

I ate a Sees Chocolate...

I just ate a Sees chocolate. Daniel brought them home. I try not to eat them unless I have hypoglycemia. I don't have hypoglycemia. Okay, so how much damage did I do?

There is an insert in the Sees boxes listing the nutritional facts, as they call them. I have a box of assorted chocolates. There are six charts in the little insert. Find the right one! A serving size for the assorted chocolates is two pieces, calories 160, fat 9 g, carbohydrates 20 g. Those chocolates are expensive luxuries in a diet, with all that fat and carbs! Okay, so I only ate one. One little chocolate -- 10 g of carbohydrate, 4.5 g of fat. Very expensive in the diet.

A cure for hypoglycemia is only the two chocolate serving. If it weren't for my kids, those chocolates would be around for a while!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, dear Stephanie. I don't have "hypoglycemia" per se, I have type 1 diabetes. When I get hypoglycemia, it's from too much insulin, too much exercise, or too little food. Since my diet has to be so limited anyway, I TREAT myself with candy sometimes when I get low. Moderation is the key.