Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Is it Anxiety or is it Low Blood Sugar??? My Constant Dilemma

One of the biggest issues I have with being a T1D and taking insulin is that

I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANXIETY AND A LOW!!!!

Okay, that's not entirely true.  When I start shaking and get lights flashing before my eyes, I know it's low blood sugar.  But the a-l-m-o-s-t too lows can be quite confusing.

Take today for example.  I went to my acupuncturist and I was feeling hyper.  I told him I was stressed by work and family issues and I wanted him to focus on stress today.  He was wonderful, as usual, and I did breathing and meditation during my treatment.  I walked out of there feeling much, much better.

But by the time I'd made the gas station detour and was heading home, that hyper-stressed-anxious feeling was back.  I walked in my front door, took an anti-anxiety pill, and then realized, a few minutes later, that nothing was happening.  I grabbed my Ping meter and sure enough, it registered a 65.  That's not terribly low (I have been MUCH lower) but it's low enough to make me feel anxious.

Half a glass of OJ later, and I'm good to go!
ANXIETY CURE!

Have you had this experience?


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I must get across my affection for your kind-heartedness for individuals that really need guidance on this one field. Your personal dedication to getting the solution around appears to be exceedingly advantageous and have always permitted employees just like me to achieve their targets. Your amazing useful key points implies so much to me and even further to my mates. Regards; from each one of us.

type 2 diabetes


Unknown said...

I’ve desired to post about something similar to this on one of my blogs and this has given me an idea. I’ve really found out a great deal studying this site. Plainly especially excellent content here.what is diabetes

Unknown said...

People are sometimes confused whether their case is caused by low blood sugar or just plain anxiety, especially if they’re a Type 1 case. I think a good idea would be to have your Ping meter handy just in case you get one of these attacks so that you don’t get confused.


Jerald Griffith

Unknown said...

Wow. That really goes to show how we really need to be extra careful when we have diabetes. We never really know when we’ll be hitting a low on our blood sugar. Maybe you can have a portable one so you can carry it anywhere just to be sure. Take care next time okay?
Tim Crawford